[ExI] A video tour of the ALCOR facility

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 04:22:13 UTC 2020

Keith, I was just having a little fun with the head in the jar comment.  I
haven't signed up yet and still need to look into the funding angle (and
get buy in from the spouse), but I'm fully on board with rolling the dice
on cryonics.   Fate willing, I'm still hoping to live long enough for some
aging reversal breakthroughs as well, so I'm hoping to prolong this first
round.  I'm 49, and realizing there are zero guarantees of another day
breathing, I'm already attempting to slow aging through a number of
pharmaceutical and nutriceutical interventions, but have no idea if that
bet will pay off either.

When I read Drexler's book many years ago in my much younger days, it
absolutely blew my mind and got me more interested in futurism than I
already was (BTW, does anyone else miss Mondo 2000 around here?!).   I have
to say though, I'm a bit disappointed how far away we seem to remain from
Drexler's vision of nanotechnology.

Anyways, thanks for all the comments on this thread as it has reminded me I
should fully look into the cephalon package at ALCOR sooner rather than
later, and convince the better half we both should do it.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 11:54 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <