[ExI] Sharpiegate

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 17:28:33 UTC 2020

John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Although I don't know it for a fact I wouldn't be surprised if most ended up voting for Trump

The only effective votes for Trump were in the states that went for
him.  I doubt there are many on this list (if any) who live in such
places.

Over 30 years ago, I asked (but could not answer then) the question of
why economic downturns were associated with upsurges of far-right
neo-Nazi activity.  The places where people voted for him were largely
places where the economic activity has been hollowed out, jobs shipped
out of the country.

Ultimately, you can blame this on the Harvard model of how to run a
business, a SCOTUS decision, and the humble shipping container.

Keith