[ExI] Sharpiegate

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 01:02:32 UTC 2020

The virtues, in my understanding, have to work together. But let’s leave that aside. While there might be a problem with treating any virtue as unlimited or undefeated by other concerns, the problem with embracing the concomitant vice here is that you are likely to not get people who are right but insincere, but folks who are just plain insincere in a way that leaves you guessing.

Now, that said, you accused someone here of voting for Trump — or of not being in the choir, which amounts to the same thing. He claims otherwise and there’s little reason to doubt him here. So why do you doubt him? Because he’s not foaming at the mouth UN lockstep with you.

By the way, in an older post where I asked about clerics being moral experts, you said something along the lines of well they don’t trust the laity. That’s fine, but I’m in the laity as I’m not a member of their church.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst