[ExI] Murder hornets was seed packets

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:52:20 UTC 2020

robot at ultimax.com wrote:

snip

>  Also I know that Asian "murder hornets" showed up out of the blue in the Pacific Northwest this winter.

And in France, now spread to all Europe.

Jordin Kare some years ago designed a "laser fence" to zap mosquitoes.
It could be adapted to Asian Hornets.  I have proposed it several
times, but have never reached a person who could do anything with it.

Here is the text from an email to the UK.

I have a project in mind that should control Asian hornets.  It's
based on some work Jordin Kare did at Intellectual Venture did some
years ago.  (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordin_Kare)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4tPrcePdGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjP9SE7tsM

The idea is to spot and verify the hornets with sound then zap them
with enough laser power to overheat them.  The obvious place to defend
is beehives.

Keith