[ExI] ring of truth

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 10:52:16 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:32 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *>Ja I know, this guy’s a comedian, not a scientist.  But this commentary
> has a ring of truth to it:*
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28I5WyLp15o&feature=youtu.be

Those remarks were made on May 1 and today is now June 1, since those words
were spoken at least 40,442 more Americans have died of COVID-19 and many
times that number have gotten very sick. Incidentally while I was watching
the current riots on TV I couldn't help but wonder if the most damaging
thing about them is they could be virus super spreader events leading to an
explosion of new cases and a new wave of death. On the one hand they were
outside which is good, but there was a lot of running around yelling and
exhaling and coughing due to tear gas which is bad. In 1918 there were bond
parades in Philadelphia and Detroit and today they are known to have been
super spreader events for the flu even though they were held outside, so
that's not encouraging either. If we see a big spike of new cases in about
2 weeks then we'll know.

 John K Clark