[ExI] Protest

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 17:02:28 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 9:57 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> If I thought that protests would do the slightest bit of good I would not
> say what I said above.  But I don't.   Men are going on trial for murder,
> so the government did the right thing. What else can they do?

The cop in question had a series of complaints and zero reprimands.
Policitians and law enforcement leadership could do a lot more to prevent
police brutality. Police unions are too powerful, Qualified immunity gives
cops carte blanche. Militarization of police forces has to stop. The drug
war has to end.

Citizens of all races have put up with poor treatment by the police they
hire to "protect and serve" them. They tried peaceful protests--remember
the NFL taking a knee?--and that wasn't acceptable. This has been a problem
too long to expect the victims to be patient and polite.

-Dave