[ExI] ring of truth

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 2 00:01:56 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] ring of truth

On Jun 1, 2020, at 4:29 PM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>…How to you just person is an anarchist? Do you believe anarchists as anarchists (rather than as anything else) don’t have a right to protest or promote their views?...

Hi Dan, I saw in the video a bunch of guys with a perfectly legitimate and justifiable cause (protesting police brutality) having their protest hijacked by anarchists and looters.  The hammer guy was beating on the curb to break off chunks of concrete with which he would enable others to hurl at windows and police.  Naturally the protestors are annoyed by anarchists and looters, both of which discredit their message.  So, the nabbed the sleazeball and handed him over.  Good for them.

Of course anarchists have a right to protest.  They don’t have a right to destroy property or cause injury.

>…It seems to me you’re defining anarchist in a way that goes against the original meaning of the term and also against how many actual anarchists (myself included) use the term.

Regards,

Dan

OK no worries: the guy who was chipping off weapons to use against the police (and perhaps National Guard who are perfectly innocent here, just doing a job) has no right to that.  I suspect the other protestors he will share a cell with tonight will also take a dim view of his actions.