[ExI] ring of truth

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 00:22:21 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 09:28, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> > *On Behalf Of *SR Ballard via extropy-chat
> *Subject:* Re: [ExI] ring of truth
>

> I can agree John. And as the saying goes, “A rotten apple spoils the whole
> bunch.”
>
> SR Ballard
>

> Hi SR, ja, so tragic.  The whole bunch refers to bad bananas (with a
> greasy black peel.)  The rotten apple spoils the barrel.
>

> I saw something interesting today: the peaceful (and justified) police
> brutality protestors grabbed an anarchist and handed him over to the police:
>

> https://twitter.com/i/status/1267240521052946432
>

> That one act did more to promote their cause than anything else they could
> have done.  These protestors have a good point.  The anarchists and looters
> do not.

The protestors, anarchists and looters don’t seem to have a lot of guns.
>From what you said before, the main purpose of citizens having guns is just
such an occasion as this: so that they can resist when the authorities come
to bend them to their will. What would the police and the army do if the
protesters all had guns: leave them alone, or respond mire aggressively?
It’s not a theoretical question, because the guns do exist somewhere, and
it could be coming next.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou