[ExI] ring of truth

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:00:38 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 10:45, Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

> OTOH, you may have noticed the only shops not being destroyed were
> protected by owners asserting their 2nd amendment rights.

I didn’t notice that, but what I was asking was if the mobs decided to
assert their “second amendment rights” on the grounds that they were
forming a militia to protect themselves from the authoritarian state. What
would be the response of the police and the armed forces?

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 8:23 PM Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat <

>> On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 09:28, spike jones via extropy-chat <

>>> *Subject:* Re: [ExI] ring of truth
>>>

>>> I can agree John. And as the saying goes, “A rotten apple spoils the
>>> whole bunch.”
>>>
>>> SR Ballard
>>>

>>> Hi SR, ja, so tragic.  The whole bunch refers to bad bananas (with a
>>> greasy black peel.)  The rotten apple spoils the barrel.
>>>

>>> I saw something interesting today: the peaceful (and justified) police
>>> brutality protestors grabbed an anarchist and handed him over to the police:
>>>

>>> https://twitter.com/i/status/1267240521052946432
>>>

>>> That one act did more to promote their cause than anything else they
>>> could have done.  These protestors have a good point.  The anarchists and
>>> looters do not.
>>>
>> The protestors, anarchists and looters don’t seem to have a lot of guns.
>> From what you said before, the main purpose of citizens having guns is just
>> such an occasion as this: so that they can resist when the authorities come
>> to bend them to their will. What would the police and the army do if the
>> protesters all had guns: leave them alone, or respond mire aggressively?
>> It’s not a theoretical question, because the guns do exist somewhere, and
>> it could be coming next.
>>
>>> --
>> Stathis Papaioannou

Stathis Papaioannou