[ExI] ring of truth

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 2 01:33:16 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] ring of truth

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 10:45, Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

OTOH, you may have noticed the only shops not being destroyed were protected by owners asserting their 2nd amendment rights.

>…I didn’t notice that, but what I was asking was if the mobs decided to assert their “second amendment rights” on the grounds that they were forming a militia to protect themselves from the authoritarian state. What would be the response of the police and the armed forces?

The authoritarian state isn’t out there rioting, looting and burning.  The militia is there to maintain law and order in the event that the police force and army are overwhelmed.