[ExI] ring of truth

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 2 01:12:39 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 5:22 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] ring of truth

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 09:28, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat

I can agree John. And as the saying goes, “A rotten apple spoils the whole bunch.”

SR Ballard

Hi SR, ja, so tragic.  The whole bunch refers to bad bananas (with a greasy black peel.)  The rotten apple spoils the barrel.

I saw something interesting today: the peaceful (and justified) police brutality protestors grabbed an anarchist and handed him over to the police:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267240521052946432

That one act did more to promote their cause than anything else they could have done.  These protestors have a good point.  The anarchists and looters do not.

>…The protestors, anarchists and looters don’t seem to have a lot of guns…

Stathis, why is that?  Think about it.

>… From what you said before, the main purpose of citizens having guns is just such an occasion as this…

If the looters and rioters began shooting, be sure we have the advantage.  That’s why we have guns.

>… What would the police and the army do if the protesters all had guns…

Probably shoot them.  Peaceful protestors don’t need guns and damn well better not carry them to that occasion.

--

Stathis Papaioannou

I doubt it.  The rioters would have to recognize how outgunned they are.  They are facing the army, the national guard, the police and an armed citizenry.

I suggest they drop the property destruction and demonstrate peacefully.