[ExI] ring of truth

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 2 03:27:05 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat

I doubt it.  The rioters would have to recognize how outgunned they are.  They are facing the army, the national guard, the police and an armed citizenry.

The army, national guard and police would outgun armed citizens aggrieved with the government, which is what we are seeing, and which is what you said was the check on the state or their agents acting tyrannically. It seems to me that the only real check is that the army, national guard, police and those ordering them to act would not want to cause a massacre, not that they fear they would lose in a fight against citizens with guns.

--

Stathis Papaioannou

Stathis, the aggrieved citizens protest, they capture and hand over anarchists to the National Guard, as you saw on the video.  The armed citizenry sympathizes with the protestors, who are all in agreement: there are bad cops, but not all cops are bad.  The good cops, the National Guard, the army, the militia, the armed citizens not part of the militia, are all on the same side.  That’s why we have a militia and an armed citizenry.

A well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state.  We want a secure free state.  That’s why we have a well-regulated militia and a well-armed citizenry.