[ExI] home defense

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 2 15:52:21 UTC 2020

Subject: [ExI] home defense

>…It used to be the case (and I cannot remember whether it was federal or state law) that a homeowner had to back up to the farthest part of his house before he could shoot an intruder. That got changed awhile back…

That one is easy: I couldn’t hit the bastard from the farthest back part of my house.  There are walls in the way.

>…Who knows what the federal standard is?

Depends on the round.  For 5.56 ammo, the standard is .223 +/- .0001 diameter, 53 grain mass for the #1410 hollow point.

>. …Or is that a state thing, or what?  bill w

Bill you live in Mississippi.  The law is on your side.

Always think safety first: drill a hole in the sleazy bastard, then if necessary, drag her corpse to  the back of your house, then call 911 and beg them to rescue you from a dangerous intruder.  When they show up about an hour later, good chance they won’t mention that her earthly remains have already cooled to nearly room temperature.

Safety first BillW: in any nation where the citizens have the right to bear arms, anyone who breaks in to an occupied home intends to slay.