[ExI] home defense

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:07:41 UTC 2020

Spike, I do not agree with you about the intention of an intruder to kill
someone.  If I had to, I would shoot to disable and if that didn't work I'd
empty the gun, no question.  But the ones who are caught here are always
trying to rob the place, and they get shot or killed more often than the
homeowner does.

We had an old black guy trying to come in the front door in broad daylight,
and my wife was pushing him away.  Should I have shot him?  He went back on
the street and we saw a cop car out there.  Someone else had called 911.
Mentally handicapped.  Harmless.  I would have felt extremely guilty if had
shot him, much less killed him.  I have known many harmless, confused
mental patients.  I would not have wanted to be one of the people who had
killed such a person simply out of my fear.  There are too many of those
killed by cops.

He comes in with a gun?  Fine.  We go to war.

bill w

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 11:02 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <