[ExI] ring of truth

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 2 17:05:44 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 9:14 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] ring of truth

On Jun 2, 2020, at 8:50 AM, Dave Sill via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:38 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Rioters and looters are anarchists, and they besmirch legitimate anarchists.

I don't know if you're trying to be clever or funny, but this is offensive and wrong. Please stop.

I find it highly offensive too. And I find it wrong as I’ve tried to explain here. But so far, Spike seems to be ignoring the gist of my comments.

Regards,

Dan

OK no problem, I see where you are going.  No offense intended Dan or anyone else.

There are Libertarians and small l libertarians, which are two different things.  One is a committed party follower (cap L) and the other is a loose-fitting catch-many term which includes those who believe in smaller limited federal government, the minarchists of all brands, those who believe in government primarily at the state level, and so forth.

Rather than distinguish between cap A Anarchists and the rioters who are committing acts of anarchy but are not Anarchists, I will refrain from using the term to refer to opportunists (looters) and anger-driven destructobots, which also two different groups with generally differing motives.

The protestors are generally not anarchists: they want law and order, applied fairly and equally.  So do we.