[ExI] ring of truth

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:11:10 UTC 2020

On Jun 2, 2020, at 7:44 AM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
>
> >…This is the way things are normally done, but the arms the citizens have are not needed if everything works as it’s meant to, only if they believe that the normal processes are unfair or corrupted. That is what the protestors seem to think at the moment. They haven’t gone as far as attempting an overthrow, but they might. In that case, there would be an armed clash between the government forces and the citizens’ militia, each claiming to be the true patriots.
> --
> Stathis Papaioannou
>

> Hi Stathis, it isn’t the militia out there doing the rioting and looting.  Rioters and looters are anarchists, and they besmirch legitimate anarchists.  Legitimate anarchists don’t even like to share the name anarchists with the looters and rioters.  The government and the militia are on the same side.

You introduced the term anarchist to describe the person in that video. I’ve asked time and again to tell how you know the person is an anarchist and what you mean by this. Rioters and looters are not anarchists; they’re, respectively rioters and looters. It’s you who besmirch all anarchists by using the term “anarchist” as a synonym for rioter, looter, or vandal.

> >…normal processes are unfair or corrupted…
>
> It seems to be looking up.

As measured by corruption indices, the US has become slightly more corrupt over the last few years:

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/corruption-index

and:

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2018/results/usa

So, if these indices are reliable, things are not looking up. It’s not like they’ve falling off a cliff either, but a slight uptick in corruption is no cause for celebration, IMO.

> In the USA, we have caught a lot of corruption way up at the top recently.  We uncovered a huge conspiracy right up at the top of the FBI and Department of Justice.  A judge accused the DoJ of questionable motives in dropping their case against the former National Security Advisor.  The DoJ answered back that the FBI falsified or fabricated the only evidence they had against him.  Now, we caught em.   Sunlight disinfects.

This seems way more complicated than you make it to be. And, in fact, it seems more to lean in the direction of the DoJ being corrupted for political reasons. See:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/01/judge-questions-unusual-justice-department-filing-in-flynn-case-294330

Note the unusual nature of the dismissal of the charges at DoJ. Add to this, the earlier guilty plea. (Granted, plea bargaining was involved here.) And Barr appointing another Trump appointee to review the case. This doesn’t exacting look like sunlight disinfecting the process. Instead, it might be a case of the process being ever more subverted to politics.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst