[ExI] ring of truth

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:45:51 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 1:18 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> When I see rioters burning buildings and cars, destroying property,
> attacking store owners, to me they are committing acts of anarchy, which
> makes them anarchists (one particular brand.)

You're attributing a cause to their actions without evidence that that's
why they're doing what they're doing. They *could* be anarchists, but they
could also just be destroying things for fun, looting because they want
free stuff, reacting out of fear/anger, etc.

Now that you know labeling them as anarchists is offensive, kindly stop
doing that. Stick with observable labels like rioters or looters.

-Dave