[ExI] Well-roundedness and character

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jun 4 17:30:23 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Well-roundedness and character

The results as just exactly what you would expect if two countries each with a billion people send us many of their top people, some of whom become citizens.  We are outnumbered by a factor of around 7.  And what do these Asians get that we don't, starting in kindergarten?  Better math education for sure.  ACtually, I think we would expect these results even if their education is no better than ours, solely on the basis of numbers.   bill w

Hi BillW, ja, there is that of course: we get top-level families from India and China coming to the states and there are a lot of them.  But there is something else too:

If I scroll down a page, I see this:

23.0

LI

7

BASIS Independent Fremont

Fremont, CA

23.0

LI

7

Debang College

Richmond, BC

23.0

LI

7

Evergreen Middle School

Redmond, WA

23.0

LI

8

HUNTER COLLEGE HS

NEW YORK, NY

23.0

LI

8

Langara College

Vancouver, BC

23.0

LI

7

Saint Georges Junior School

Vancouver, BC

23.0

LI

8

STANFORD (JANE LATHROP) MIDDLE

Palo Alto, CA

23.0

LI

8

Toronto Harvard Intl Academy

Toronto, ON

23.0

LI

4

Toronto Harvard Intl Academy

Toronto, ON

23.0

LI

8

Treasure Valley Math & Science Center

Boise, ID

23.0

LICEN

8

TAKOMA PARK MS

SILVER SPRING, MD

23.0

LIEN

8

WARREN E HYDE MIDDLE SCHOOL

CUPERTINO, CA

23.0

LIN

8

IS 187 - Christa McAuliffe

Brooklyn, NY

23.0

LIU

5

DANBURY MATH ACADEMY, WCSU

Danbury, CT

23.0

LIU

8

Daniel Wright Junior High

Lincolnshire, IL

23.0

LIU

5

Debang College

Richmond, BC

23.0

LIU

8

harvest park middle school

pleasanton, CA

23.0

LIU

8

Joaquin Miller middle school

san jose, CA

23.0

LIU

6

Langara College

Vancouver, BC

23.0

LIU

6

Odle Middle School

Bellevue, WA

23.0

LIU

8

Plum Grove Junior High

Rolling Meadows, IL

23.0

LIU

8

Princeton Academy

Princeton, NJ

23.0

LIU

8

RSM - Newton

Newton, MA

23.0

LIU

8

University of Chicago Lab School

Chicago, IL

23.0

LOH

8

Winchester Thurston School

Pittsburgh, PA

23.0

LU

8

Daniel Wright Junior High

Lincolnshire, IL

23.0

LU

8

Stonybrook University, Department of Mathematics

Stony Brook, NY

23.0

LU

6

TAKOMA PARK MS

SILVER SPRING, MD

23.0

LUU

7

Orange County Math Circle

Santa Ana, CA

23.0

MA

8

Arizona College Prep Junior High

Chandler, AZ

23.0

MA

8

Deerlake Middle

Tallahassee, FL

23.0

MA

7

Schimelpfenig Middle School

Plano, TX

23.0

MADHUKER

8

Carnage Middle School

Raleigh, NC

23.0

MAHESH

8

Ellen Fletcher MS

palo alto, CA

23.0

MAHESHWARI

8

Harmony School of EXcellence

Houston, TX

23.0

MALLANNA

7

William Diamond Middle School

Lexington, MA

23.0

MAO

5

Argonault Elementary School

Saratoga, CA

23.0

MAO

7

Redwood Middle

saratoga, CA

23.0

MARRI

8

Falcon Cove Middle

Weston, FL

23.0

MATHIHALLI

8

Redwood Middle

saratoga, CA

Not only is there fewer than one seventh traditional European-sounding names, on most pages there are none.