[ExI] Jimmy 'the Greek' Snyder

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 20:41:34 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 11:47 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Is there any way to compensate by increasing the number of cars?  Do those
> rigs need human operators?  If not, could we have a deal where there are 5
> to 10 times as many trains, get as many roller-eggs in there as possible by
> taking out the seats and the grab-on poles (are those things structural
> elements?  (Ashamed of me for not knowing that (I don’t ride them (I don’t
> like big cities (oy vey, mercy.))))

There have been proposals for higher numbers of much smaller cars - maybe
just enough for 3-5 (there being a number of cases where one person is
escorting another, such as a parent with multiple children).
Manufacturing and then repeatedly transporting the mass of the extra walls
and doors makes these proposals less efficient, but there are
counterarguments, such as having to clean less (or, worst case, take less
of a train out of service) when someone uses it as a toilet.