[ExI] sat scores and musical tastes

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 21:57:03 UTC 2020

No idea Spike.  Taste gels around age 35 is the only data with which I am
familiar.  However, I must be an unusual case since I have accepted some
really atonal composers when I was long past 35.  But - my tastes in pop
music gelled in the 70s (I say that, but truthfully I have not listened to
pop since then - only occasionally scanning the radio dial in the car and
finding nothing to like).  There's a lot of female vocalists around now and
I don't care for their timbre, and their 'can't seem to find the note'
styles - gimme tenors, but strong ones, not teen falsetto ones  screaming.
Cash one of the very few basses in pop/country.

What did the chart get backward?  And here's a case of no proofreading
(naughty, naughty)

I see two of my favorites in there, Eagles, Beatles, Johnny Cash, Josh
Groban.

The first time I saw Roy Orbison play and sing I thought he was doing a
parody.  Never did like most of the Beatles - Eagles are great.  Cash and
GRoban I don't know (heard of Cash).

This is interesting to me because I see some indication that when some
dementia starts the person's tastes get lower, such as when my former
chairman who had a stroke got addicted to soap operas.

bill w

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 4:29 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <