[ExI] sat scores and musical tastes

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:31:27 UTC 2020

When I buy a book on Amazon I get a selection of books other people bought
who bought my book.  It's always books, but it could just as easily be
music or clothes or anything.  Or if I buy music it could recommend books.
All you need is the data, and Amazon has it from hundreds of millions of
people.  I don't know how Spike can make any money from it but Amazon can.
What seems to be needed is a different massaging of the data Amazon already
has, looking for correlations between books bought and music bought (and
any other combination one can think of).  I have no way to do this.  If you
present the idea to Amazon they will just steal it and say they were
already doing that..

bill w

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 10:56 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <