[ExI] e: Acceleration of the wealth gap

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:26:59 UTC 2020

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> Hi Keith, I don't know why it looks different on your end with the lines and
white space.

Whatever you did fixed it.

> kilolooter: I can imagine most of them go somewhere else to do their
looting.  Their big problem is that somewhere else comes to their
neighborhood and burns their neighborhood stores.

It's more complicated than you might think.  Last night on a zoom
chat, there was someone who has looked into the large scale organized
looting.  The vehicles involved are mostly stolen.  Large scale
demonstrations with the potential to turn into riots keep the police
occupied so looking for stolen vehicles falls way down their list.

As for the looters,

" It ain’t just a question of misunderstood;
Deep down inside him, he’s no good!"

https://genius.com/Leonard-bernstein-gee-officer-krupke-film-lyrics

Genetics isn't entirely fate, but recombination makes it sure that
some out of every generation are just "no good."  Something on the
order of 1 percent are bad enough that people around them kill them.
Over a long time, this has weeded out the worst characteristics of the
race.  Human domestication is a work in progress.

The first time I heard about such a case was in the late 60s or early
70s.  There was a young woman, Debby French, in Tucson who was so hard
on the people around her that the 'peace and love' hippies took up a
collection to have her killed.  She heard about it, and skipped to
Denver.  The locals forward the collection to someone in Denver and
sure enough, she wound up dead in a ditch.

> So many of these businesses got such a huge one-two punch with the virus,
then the looters, it is easy to imagine few of them ever return to business.
If that happens, some of the most tightly-packed cities will start to deflate.

Not likely.  The reason people are packed into slums is that they
can't afford to live anywhere else.  See Jay Forrester's _Urban
Dynamics_ for how this works.

Keith