[ExI] Protest

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jun 12 13:01:43 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Protest

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 11:52 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> George Floyd was C-19 positive.

I know.

>> He still gets to count as a C-19 related fatality,

>…Where in the world did you get that idea?!

Here:

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/white-house-taking-very-liberal-approach-counting-covid-19-deaths

If a person has C-19, the hospital gets to bill the government for the expenses.

>> Our system is weird that way.  China’s is weird too.

>…So now you think China is overestimating the number of its citizens that have died from COVID-19…

John K Clark

I only said it was weird.  I didn’t say they were overestimating.  Neither country is estimating.  We are over-reporting, they are under-reporting, both for clearly understandable reasons.  Even if the discovered a vaccine or a complete cure, the covid case load in China did not suddenly go to zero.