[ExI] Protest

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jun 12 15:58:29 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 8:16 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Protest

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 9:23 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>> He still gets to count as a C-19 related fatality,

>…Where in the world did you get that idea?!

> Here:

 https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/white-house-taking-very-liberal-approach-counting-covid-19-deaths

Things change quickly in a pandemic. That article is ANCIENT…

>…Also, you could find better places to get your news, "justthenews.com <http://justthenews.com> " does not just give the news, it's a conservative pro …

Is C-Span conservative?  I never really thought of them as a conservative group

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4868448/user-clip-liberal-approach-mortality

but if you insist, I shall flee to a safe space, such as Mother Jones (no relation.)  Oh, I see that CNN and MSNBC are also in on the conservative conspiracy, as well as the other news majors.  Oh wait, Mother Jones ran that clip too.  Are Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci part of the conspiracy?  There are no safe spaces left, what shall we do?

I Googled “…took a very liberal approach to covid mortality” and justthenews was the first one that came up.

John, everyone here is not political.  The way countries count covid mortality is not necessarily politically driven, there are other motives, such as financial reasons.  In the US, there was no conspiracy needed: hospitals set up a special billing fund if the patient died of covid.  So, they tested the patients for covid after they were already dead.  They tested George Floyd after he was already dead and they knew he had a co-morbidity (asphyxiation.)

>…Trump…

As soon as you mention the name of any politician or party, we know you are back to your incessant campaigning, haranguing this list where it isn’t appropriate or welcome, as we have told you repeatedly.  Please take it elsewhere.  Even if many on this list agree in principal, the constant howling at the moon is most annoying and counterproductive.  The reason many of our most valued posters have left this space John, is that the constant campaigning is not what we are here for.  If we want politics, we know where to find that.

If you are campaigning in a post about covid, it comes across as if you are cheering for the virus.  Separate those two concepts please.  Then kindly eliminate the one: we are tired of it.  When Kennedy posts about covid, he doesn’t campaign, and it doesn’t come across as cheering for the virus.  The virus is not an opportunity, it’s a crisis.  Some crises should go to waste.

> We are over-reporting, they [China] are under-reporting

>…And you know that to be true because you want it to be true.  John K Clark

Do you believe China’s case load suddenly dropped to zero and has never come back?  Every other country, including those where the government has the authority to shut down everything until their people starve still has cases.  China is reporting zero.  China gave this horrifying epidemic to this planet through their dishonesty in attempting a coverup back when we had time to react.  I don’t believe China.