[ExI] antifa derangement syndrome

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 23:03:31 UTC 2020

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst
On Jun 12, 2020, at 3:20 PM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> [...]

Small world.

> I heard about that incident from him.  That poor family is terrorized and my father in law is convinced the apocalypse is upon us.  {8^D  They have a home-brew camper made from a retired school bus, which they painted but it is still ugly.
>
> Turns out, a friend of my brother in law from Olympia gave us a pretty good description of what happened in Forks.  They cut down the trees to block them in, tense moments ensued, but they talked and listened, realized they blew it bigtime.  Some locals got their chainsaws, cut up and removed the trees that they had dropped across the road, tried their best to patch it up but I there is a good chance that family will vacation to the east rather than to the west.  They are forgiving sorts, but they were traumatized.
>
> Fun aside: I have been to that area, camping (it is gorgeous out there (but oh boy, if you want to see backward, you haven’t seen it until you out there on the Olympic Pen (if you ever saw the movie Rambo, that back there is where the sergeant gets into it with the local police force.)))

I think I saw it when I was very young. A year or two ago, I decided to watch the Twin Peaks series. Nothing to do with Forks. Actually, it’s set in a fictional town near the border with Idaho and Canada. But it was mostly filmed around Bend. There’s a lot of other stuff set around here that either does or doesn’t match things... The funniest is The Killing, an American remake of a Danish series. Set in Seattle, there are a few location shots and then the rest is really Toronto. And, of course, there’s lots of rain in the series — downpours that are unusual for this area. (Despite my watching two seasons of it, it wasn’t that good. Haven’t seen the Danish original.)

> What if… you lived in that Seattle neighborhood surrounding the CHAZ, and you owned a business.  What would it be like, knowing all those people in there are getting steadily hungrier?  That must be most unpleasant.
>
> If you want a beautiful place to camp, the Olympic National Park is hard to beat.
>
> spike

I love hiking in the Olympics, but being a day hiker limits me to going to places like Mount Townsend or Lake of the Angels. I usually hike in the Cascades, typically in the Northern Cascades. Were it now for COVID-19 and all that, I’d probably be hiking near Teanaway as the North Cascades are still under a lot of snow this year.

Unlike many, I see CHAZ as opening up possibilities rather than closing them down. I’m guessing it’ll only last so long before the police move in again. From what I’ve seen, it looks peaceful inside the Zone. Don’t tell me you think it’s Mad Max: Fury Road there.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst