[ExI] antifa derangement syndrome

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 13 01:30:23 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat

>>…If you want a beautiful place to camp, the Olympic National Park is hard to beat.

spike

>…I love hiking in the Olympics, but being a day hiker limits me to going to places like Mount Townsend or Lake of the Angels. I usually hike in the Cascades, typically in the Northern Cascades. Were it now for COVID-19 and all that, I’d probably be hiking near Teanaway as the North Cascades are still under a lot of snow this year…

Hi Dan, ja that worries me.  My bride managed to score permits for the west side of Mount Rainier so we have a 4-day thru hike next month from Mowich Lake to Longmire.

>…Unlike many, I see CHAZ as opening up possibilities rather than closing them down. I’m guessing it’ll only last so long before the police move in again. From what I’ve seen, it looks peaceful inside the Zone. Don’t tell me you think it’s Mad Max: Fury Road there.  Regards,  Dan

Dan we don’t know who is the new authority in CHAZ, but it really doesn’t matter that no one has been elected, making CHAZ an autocracy, but it would be irrelevant anyway, for the real power is entirely in the hands of… the insurance company.  If the insurance company pulls out (well, imagine that, over a bit of uncertainty on who exactly are the law enforcement?) then businesses must come to an end.  Businesses cannot operate without insurance, for someone or something with money (lots of it) must insure all the merchandize in every retail outlet against theft, riot, arson, etc.  Otherwise the suppliers cannot risk sending in supplies.

OK, we get that.  Suppose you are the insurance underwriter.  Would you bet on CHAZ?  I would.  But I would want a bit of a rate hike.  I want a factor of 10 over what I was getting before.  Eh, make it 20, just to be safe, because I already know I have zero competitors in that market and no risk of new ones coming in the foreseeable.

I looked at Pike and 12th in Google maps street view (I know that area vaguely but needed reminding) and noted that there are many condos and apartment buildings, many of which are likely rentals.  Rentals need insurance as well.  Who will underwrite that?  I will.  But I want a tooooonnnnn of money to do it.  Otherwise… the landlords cannot accept the liability.  The tenants must go.  Unless they accept a rather dramatic rent cost of course.  OK, we lose the businesses and the renters, but not the homeless.  They can stay.  Until they run out of food.

Insurance companies are in charge.  A police force makes the insurance affordable.