[ExI] Fwd: The present and future of AI

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:19:43 UTC 2020

I came up with the following list of human-specific traits of intelligence:

   - Communicate via natural language
   - Learn, adapt, and grow
   - Move through a dynamic environment
   - Recognize sights and sounds
   - Be creative in music, art, writing and invention
   - Reason with logic and rationality to solve problems

Jason

Every one of these traits is found all over the animal kingdom, excepting
the creativity part (and birds may make up songs),.  Language is not
spoken, literally, but whales and dolphins, for example, communicate by
mouth sounds - not all instinct.  Rats may not have formal logic, but they
can think their way out of a maze - they would amaze you with their
intelligence.   bill w

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 7:04 PM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <