[ExI] The professional licensure of police

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 04:07:53 UTC 2020

I know you’re joking Spike but being killed by your husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancé/fiancée, mom/dad is not super fun.

I had my father threaten to kill me but that wasn’t enough to get help — but it was enough to get cops to point guns at my parents and handcuff them, and threaten to get my dad fired. Completely unnecessary. I just needed a way out, not any kind of vengeance.

If someone of my fiancé’s power were to attack someone my size, even when I was winning lifting competitions, he would easily kill me, likely even if I had a gun.

But also, the law and officers need to treat domestic violence differently. No assuming it was him or her. Assume neither/both. Separate them. No one gets to stay in the house and no one goes to jail unless it’s obvious. Develop some kind of “halfway housing” or something while everything is sorted out.

Men/women usually don’t leave because they feel they can’t. Make them feel like they can, mandate counceling, whatever.

But what we are doing isn’t fair, and it isn’t working.

SR Ballard