[ExI] The professional licensure of police

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jun 15 05:11:49 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] The professional licensure of police

>…I know you’re joking Spike but being killed by your husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancé/fiancée, mom/dad is not super fun…

Hi SR, I am not making light of the suffering of those with domestic conflict.  I just don’t think we should expect the cops to deal with that in most cases.  There should be an escape route for those who feel their lives are endangered by their own family.

>…If someone of my fiancé’s power were to attack someone my size, even when I was winning lifting competitions, he would easily kill me, likely even if I had a gun…

Whenever I post about humanlike sexbots, people think I am only trying to think of some silly notion to make a buttload of money.  They are right of course, but there is more to it than just that.  It is easy enough for me to recognize that we boys are not really good for much besides that, and if sexbots can replace us, the ladies won’t accept the risk of having us around.  Of course it works the other way too.  It is easy enough for me to see it as a solution to overpopulation.  This check off the top two items on my bucket list: humanity is saved and I make a buttload.

>….But also, the law and officers need to treat domestic violence differently. No assuming it was him or her. Assume neither/both. Separate them. No one gets to stay in the house and no one goes to jail unless it’s obvious. Develop some kind of “halfway housing” or something while everything is sorted out…

Well said.  I agree.

>…Men/women usually don’t leave because they feel they can’t. Make them feel like they can, mandate counceling, whatever…

SR, thanks for posting that.  I am eager to admit, I am the luckiest man outside of baseball.  We know that guy whose name I can’t remember, the one who had Lou Gehrig’s disease, is the luckiest man in baseball.  I am the luckiest man outside of baseball.  I don’t play it, but I have a wonderfully stable family life, none in my home have a bad temper.  My bride and I have been wed 36 years and never had a serious quarrel.  My son is 13, we have never had a serious misunderstanding with him either.  I chose my bride for her gentle disposition.  That and her shapely boobs of course, but as much for the gentle disposition.

I know how outrageously lucky I am, for most of my friends are not so much.  I am far luckier than I deserve with my paltry socially-redeeming qualities, far luckier that what’s his name, the baseball player with Lou Gehrig’s disease, way luckier than he ever was.  If I had religion I would get down on my knees and thank whatever deity I had chosen to thank.  I feel silly thanking evolution for my good fortune, but hey, my brain is in control rather than my heart.

>…But what we are doing isn’t fair, and it isn’t working.  SR Ballard

We should do the things you proposed, and stop making the constables be social workers.