[ExI] powerful image

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 02:15:38 UTC 2020

SR Ballard <sen.otaku at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> If you are not a black person, I doubt people will accuse you of being part of ?black culture?.

That kicked off an idea which is so crazy that it might have merit.

Decades back, a white reporter put on "all over" blackface and passed
for black somewhere in the south.  Needless to say, he had some
interesting experiences.  (The book he wrote *might* be "Black like
me."  It's been too long and I don't feel like searching with google.)

Anyway, at this point, there are a lot of activists out there who
might be able to change the behavior of the police in a big way.  I
don't know how the real blacks would feel about this, but a bunch of
white guys in blackface driving around and being stopped, then
revealing they are actually white seems like it might make the police
pause and think.  "Be careful, the black you pull over might actually
be a white guy" would at least confuse the heck out of the police.

This might be a stupid idea, or perhaps it is only suitable for a
comedy sketch, but it seems like it would be amusing if it were tried
out.

Of course, in the long run, you can be any color you want.  Sort of
like hair color today.

Comments?

Keith