[ExI] powerful image

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Tue Jun 16 07:43:31 UTC 2020

On 15/06/2020 18:25, spike wrote:
> ... England, where there was a big BLM rally in London.

What I don't understand is, why?

What was the point of a rally like this, in a country where probably 95%
of the population agree with the protesters? London is one of the most
cosmopolitan places I know, and racial prejudice is almost nonexistent,
as far as I'm aware. I was just mentioning to someone yesterday that an
everyday sight here - a group of people walking down the street,
consisting of white, black, brown, you-name-it, individuals, of
miscellaneous ages and sexes - would be very rare or even almost
impossible in certain places in America. She wasn't sure if I was
serious or not. We routinely see every combination of types of people
you could think of. I've never, ever, seen anyone discriminated against
on the basis of their skin colour here.

So I don't understand the need, or the point, of such a rally in London.
They are hardly going to change anyone's mind, or introduce a startling
new viewpoint, as everyone here already agrees with them.

--
Ben Zaiboc