[ExI] powerful image

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 16 14:52:21 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] powerful image

On 15/06/2020 18:25, spike wrote:
> ... England, where there was a big BLM rally in London.

>...What I don't understand is, why?

>...So I don't understand the need, or the point, of such a rally in London.

They are hardly going to change anyone's mind, or introduce a startling new
viewpoint, as everyone here already agrees with them.

--
Ben Zaiboc

Hi Ben, everyone in the US would agree with them too, if BLM manages to
distance themselves from the rioters and anarchists.  Their biggest problem
at the moment is that the other groups are taking advantage of BLM.

This rioting is going to cause all manner of problems:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1272359799028514816

It really has me thinking of ways to deal, such as reviving a lot of
food-processing "technology" that has been lost over the decades of
progress.  I remember visiting on my great grandmother's farm back in the
60s and early 70s.  She lived out there with her daughter.  The nearest
grocery store was about half an hour away by car.  They did a lot of
preserving and food processing out there, skills people don't generally have
today.

But what if... rioting causes food deserts in some of the bigger cities and
the insurance company decides to pull out, so they never restore the local
outlets.  The building owner decides to just leave everything as is, for a
bitter reminder to the community: turn off the electricity and walk away
from it.  Soon the nearest grocery store might be half an hour drive away,
but now there are a million families that need it rather than my great
grandmother's community which had about 50 families, all of which had (and
used) the ability to go two weeks between trips there.

We have kicked around the idea of a minimum basic income, OK sure.  But that
doesn't do any good if there is no place left to trade the cash for basic
supplies.