[ExI] What happens to US space programs after November?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 16 14:39:41 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] What happens to US space programs after November?

>... sooner or later they will be forced to realize that the SLS is far too
expensive compared to emerging commercial alternatives...

Hi Giulio, in the meantime, we could use the SLS as a really high-priced
hotel.  Musk can haul tourists up there to it once the boosters are
sufficiently advanced to take the occupant controls away.  The passengers
are spam in a can, heading for a fun weekend in space for about 20 million
bucks per prole.

That notion would churn their money back into the economy, it would give
that expensive space station something to do.  It would be just the ticket
for the super-rich: it is something that only the world's elite get to do,
it is exciting, it is crazy expensive, and as an added bonus: they get to
show their friends how brave they are because they might die.  Everybody
wins.