[ExI] powerful image

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 16 23:17:50 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] powerful image

>...Spike, what are you talking about with the trucks? Shipt does not have “trucks”, just John Q Public buying your groceries and giving them to you...

I see, and who owns the risk from the time Mr. Public receives the groceries to the time the groceries are delivered?  I can imagine it becoming very dangerous in the CHAZ/CHOP to be seen carrying a sack of groceries.  People there are hungry and they know that no police will come regardless of what they do.

>...The majority of the risk would be to the retailer in this scenario — they would be accepting the majority of the risk of people paying via foodstamps...

Are those not debit cards?   Food stamps are used, the retailer is already paid.  As I understand it, those are debit cards.  I don't know otherwise.

>...Companies like Shipt could simply increase deliveries to other customers to offset the risks associated with the government not paying out.   SR Ballard

Ja, or they could just refuse to deliver to CHAZ/CHOP, which is what I think will happen.

What I meant by risk is that at some point, a truck must somehow disgorge its contents to someone who has purchased the items.  That truck is filled with supplies that a lawless mob could descend upon and devour.  I can imagine the insurance company telling the trucking company: we have a new policy in place.  If one of your trucks gets within a two mile radius of the intersection of 12th and Pine, and the truck is robbed or looted at that point inside that radius, we don't pay, sign zee papers.

SR, our society is now under the functional dictatorship of insurance companies.  There is no conceivable way to break that iron grip that I can see.  Can you?

spike