[ExI] contest

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:27:10 UTC 2020

I’m not a professional but I find you more difficult to find than basically anyone my age. Probably because you consistently use your name. Your name is not unique in the way many usernames are unique.

It contains:

- Sir William Wallace
- Bill “Superfoot” Wallace (Karate Champ)
- Bill Wallace (dead children’s author)
- This (apparently dead) guy on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/william.f.wallace
- Foozler is obscured by scrabble and “The band only known as foozler”

You said you were only using your full name, but I found this Quora: https://www.quora.com/profile/Bill-Wallace-42 for Bill Wallace PhD

He works at colombia university: https://arthistory.artsci.wustl.edu/people/william-wallace

He can be reached at this email: wwallace at wustl.edu

And this phone number: 314-935-5223

However, when one looks at his books, this bill wallace has an “E” for a middle name, most likely. Not our guy.

Then we find this guy william wallace: https://www.paemst.org/finalist_profile/4209

“Bill Wallace currently teaches Physiology and Research Methods in Biology to juniors and seniors at Georgetown Day School. Previously, he was a postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Nobel laureate Paul Greengard at Yale and Rockefeller universities.  As faculty, he investigated the molecular biology of Alzheimer’s disease at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and the National Institute on Aging.“

This would seem to be our man, no?

He seems to be good stuff over that that school: https://www.gds.org/about/news/story/~board/gds-news/post/gds-faculty-staff-in-print

“High School science teacher Bill Wallace collaborated with Dr. Christopher Harris of Backyard Brains and NIH to bring neurorobotics to the High School classroom. Their ongoing work with students was documented in this news story and in our spring edition of the Georgetown Daysmagazine (page 4). Bill co-authored “Short Neurorobotics Workshop for High School Students Promotes Competence and Confidence in Computational Neuroscience.” “

If that’s not him, let’s drive over to the High School (4200 Davenport Street, NW, Washington, DC20016) and invite him onto the list :)

Or we could forward him an invitation email: wwallace at gds.org

He used to do research with this dude who passed away last year: https://www.rockefeller.edu/our-scientists/heads-of-laboratories/1177-paul-greengard/
That guy won a nobel prize! Cool that Mr. Wallace would know that guy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Greengard
However he did get found guilty of discriminating against people in his lab, which is a bit sad.

Our man gave some kind of speech I guess: https://www.societyforscience.org/blog/teacher-volunteers-as-broadcom-masters-judge-to-promote-experiential-learning/

He also is some kind of uber teacher: https://www.lausannelearning.com/mentor-listing/bill-wallace

Then again there’s also this financial dude: https://www.linkedin.com/in/william-f-wallace-96655a17a

Or Bill N Wallace, Yale grad, pitcher, and sportswriter. He also seems to have sailed the atlantic solo?

But back to the science guy, he seems cool!

If he has a linked in I can’t find it because, well, so many people have his name!

I’m finding it difficult to properly separate him from this guy: https://www.essie.ufl.edu/people/name/william-bill-wallace/
He’s an environmental engineer and all around interesting dude. We could get him on the list too!

Okay, well that’s 1 hour and I need to run off to work.

SR Ballard