[ExI] Russians bots at work again?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 27 15:15:27 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] Russians bots at work again?

Conspiracies never die. It might be bots but also conspiracies do this by themselves anyways.

SR Ballard

How do we know conspiracies do this by themselves?  If we have a system in which we create positive feedback loops by paying content providers a fraction of a cent for each like, then they create likebots which like the post a few hundred million times, how would we know any human ever liked that post?  If we have such a system, it is money laying unclaimed for anyone who can write a likebot, ja?  The conspiracy itself could have died long ago, but would still make money for the person who wrote and somehow deployed the likebot.