[ExI] Russians bots at work again?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 27 19:36:41 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] Russians bots at work again?

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 2:49 PM Darin Sunley via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> My point about sneering had nothing to do with whether it was deserved or not, or even whether this is the appropriate place to do it.It's that it doesn't /work/. It is /counter/-productive.

>…That depends on what my objective was. I'm not a politician trying to be politically correct and get votes by being hypocritical and pretending to respect people who are not respectable. And I wasn't trying to win the hearts and minds (such as they are) of dimwitted deplorables either.  I was trying to communicate with members of this list who are, I presume, not dimwitted deplorables. Hillary told the truth and got into a lot of trouble for doing so, and I agree a good politician should know better than to do anything as foolish as to tell the truth, but I'm not running for office.

John K Clark

Image interviewing for a job, being questioned by a board of four people.  In a very true response, you comment “A quarter of the people on this board are in a basket of deplorables, racist, sexist, homophobic…”

If you reveal your honest attitudes, do you suppose you would get that job?

As soon as you uttered that comment, all four would shout in unison “NEXT!”