[ExI] Russians bots at work again?

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:35:33 UTC 2020

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

snip

>>...Spike, this scenario sounds unlikely in the extreme.  Are there any
examples you can locate about a female sharpshooter in the military?

> Here ya go Keith:

https://connectingvets.radio.com/articles/first-woman-to-graduate-special-fo
rces-training#:~:text=Among%20the%20students%20expected%20to,at%20the%20Spec
ial%20Warfare%20Center.

The ver;y first female Green Beret, 11 days ago.  Not strange that I
didn't know about it.  But the article does not say anything about her
being a sniper or a sharpshooter.  Though to have gotten this far, I
am sure she is a reasonable marksman (markswoman?).

>>...Those guys *DO NOT* use the AR-15.  I think they are more likely to use
a 50 caliber than even a 30.06.  Keith

> They qualify for sharpshooter school by competing using the M-16 which is an AR-15 with a setting to go to full automatic.

Incidentally, full auto is the opposite of sharpshooting.  If you are
using it, you are spraying bullets in a general direction, not aiming.

It's still an unlikely career path, perhaps 1/100th the chances of a
high school football player getting into the NFL.

Keith