[ExI] competition markshumanship

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jun 29 21:48:44 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] competition markshumanship

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:00 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Over three decades ago, when I was younger than I am now

>…What, seriously?  You didn't crawl out of the womb fully grown and wrinkled?  :P

No!  It was a TRICK, I tells ya.  I was once younger and handso… eh… younger, and had yellow hair rather than white.  But then suddenly, time went by, and I didn’t stop it so it was my fault perhaps for not doing anything about time going by.  Then one day I noticed I was no longer young and han… no longer young.  I was middle-age and getting middler.  Never was much in the beauty department, so in a sense that made it easier.  Beautiful people must have a hard time, for they have a lot more to lose than we ugly old boys do.

Come to think of it, that makes perfect sense.  It explains why in general women spend so much money and effort with beauty products, but we don’t.  In most cultures I know of, the same pattern, it’s the women going out of their way to look good.  We boys just shave, wash our hair, comb, look in the mirror, how do I look?  About average?  Cool, done, fully satisfied, good to go.  We boys get saggy and flabby, but do we worry much about it?  Not really, or rather I never did.  I figure, hey no worries, my bride doesn’t complain and I don’t care what the other ladies think.

I like being a man.  Life is just easier when one is a man.