[ExI] marksmanship

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 22:45:11 UTC 2020

Nothing is more complicated than my field.  Much, perhaps most of what we
think we know might be wrong.  Now for something completely different:

I am re-reading some of Faynman's popular works.  One is There is Plenty of
Room at the Bottom.

'It would be very easy to make an analysis of any complicated chemical
substance;  All one would have to do would be to look at it and see where
the atoms are.  The only trouble is that the electron microscope is one
hundred times too poor.'

Now if I am not mistaken I saw in the news the other day that for the first
time scientists have been able to look at a single atom.  (Took a long
time, didn't it?)

Now why have I not seen scientists ecstatic about it if it is as
revolutionary as Feynman says it will be?

bill w

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 5:12 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <