[ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 01:29:02 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 8:48 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Show us anything in the constitution which would empower the federal
> government do to anything about this.  States can.  States do.  The Fed
> cannot, and it does not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commerce_Clause

*The Commerce Clause describes an enumerated power listed in the United
States Constitution (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3). The clause states
that the United States Congress shall have power "[t]o regulate Commerce
with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian
Tribes." *

So they need merely claim they're controlling interstate commerce.

This is the source of the federal Drug War.

-Dave