[ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:19:30 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 7:04 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> I am quite certain some frequencies of UV light *WILL* kill the COVID-19
> virus. I am quite certain concentrated sulfuric acid will too.

This got me thinking.  Take one of those airborne lasers the DOD's been
testing out.  Aim it at the ground to decontaminate the most damaging
sources of coronavirus spreading.  As they operate on non-visible spectra
of light, anyone not looking for said spectra won't see the beam, just the
effects.

This would of course be massively illegal, but that does not seem to be an
issue for much of the current administration - not just Trump.  If the
reports that Trump is considering withdrawing from the election race if
polls keep going down are remotely true (as opposed to the wishful thinking
they probably are), this might be Pence's only hope of promotion, and he
might just have enough people in the right military departments, who would
do such a thing if asked and cover it up, to pull it off.