[ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 30 12:56:58 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 8:54 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> In answer to your question, what have I ever posted to make you think I have faith in anyone?

Perhaps I made a mistake, maybe I misunderstood. Perhaps you were just kidding when you seemed to spring to Trump's defense when I criticized him for that infamous press conference where he advocated injecting people with disinfectant and shining UV light onto their inner organs. Maybe you were just being sarcastic when you brought up drinking alcohol and injecting vaccines in an attempt to show that Trump's imbecility is not imbecilic. If so I apologize.

John K Clark

John, presidents do not control disease.  That isn’t their job.

Alcohol is a disinfectant and works against covid in high enough concentrations, but it kills the patient long before that.  If we find a disinfectant that works against covid and doesn’t kill the patient, I don’t see why not inject patients with that.  Do you?  Why?

If we find that UV or a particular frequency of light kills covid, we can create a machine that is like dialysis: the blood could come out one artery, be pumped thru a transparent glass manifold where the light could destroy the virus, then the blood could be pushed back into a vein.  This is all science stuff.  I don’t see how the hell any of this can be used to promote your political fantasy world views.  Do you?  Covid is not an opportunity to campaign, it is a health crisis.

Apology accepted, no worries, for  I am not a political sort and don’t follow it much.  I would like to see a  libertarian elected, but I don’t think she has a very high chance of getting anywhere.