[ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:46:00 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 10:57 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Hipsters, where are we on UV therapy for covid patients?  I am surprised
> we don't hear more on that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/30/fact-check-uv-light-not-accepted-medical-treatment-infection/3047010001/

"While ultraviolet blood irradiation exists, it is unproven as an effective
treatment in killing infections and is not widely used.

There have been studies on ultraviolet blood irradiation in the past, but
experts say such treatments need proven clinical trials to gain acceptance
among the wider medical community. There is also not research proving UBI
as a treatment for the coronavirus."

It's unproven. It may be possible but a lot of research needs to be done.
Are we funding this research?

-Dave