[ExI] The world would be so much better if everyone knows everything

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:45:12 UTC 2020

adrian wrote:  And if the Saudi and Iranian citizens knew who the secret
police were *and* how little threat different religions and homosexuality
actually posed.

(should have been sent weeks ago - sorry)

Adrian, I don't think that the Iranians in government, or Islamists
anywhere, care about the reality of threats.  They are applying their
religion as they were taught and while we regard some of those things as
irrational, they don't care. It's about religion. It's about tradition.
It's about honor and all that.

To repeat a post of some while ago:  a poll of the Iranian citizens showed
that 2/3 of them thought a government should be secular.

bill w

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 6:18 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <