[ExI] perspective on covid

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 7 22:16:42 UTC 2020

Regarding the corona virus, I took the numbers off that Johns Hopkins site
of the number of confirmed cases, looked up the population of the 11 nations
with the most cases, then calculated the number of cases per million proles,
or a per capita times a million.  That last column is where I normalized
thru by the infection rate of the US, since we yanks tend to use this
tragedy as a political football.  We never let a good crisis go to waste.

That exercise gave me a new perspective.  I assumed China was the worst hit,
but viewed on a basis of cases per million, South Korea is way worse, Italy
and Iran is worse, USA is merely threatened.

These numbers will likely change in the next few days.  Let's watch and
wait, shall we?

spike

nation

confirmed cases