[ExI] perspective on covid

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Mar 8 00:55:17 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] perspective on covid

 I don’t know when the people decided that government was responsible for everything.  When did that happen?  Do we really need (or want) the government holding our hand from cradle to grave?

spike

I think all those laws passed under FDR made dependents of all of us.  Would you get rid of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and the rest?   bill w

Those programs are a good lesson in not allowing the Federal government keep taking on more stuff.  It isn’t paying for what it is already trying to do.  In the easily-foreseeable future, Social Security, Medicare etc will transition to pay-as-you-go.  Just before that happens, most will see it coming.  No one will want to work in government.  Everything will be different.