[ExI] > Taiwan is standing strong

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Mar 18 18:40:48 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of SR Ballard via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 11:26 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: SR Ballard <sen.otaku at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] > Taiwan is standing strong

Re: Delaying elections

Is there actually a reason he can’t delay the elections, due to public health concerns?

Many states are pushing back primaries.

November will be flu season Redux. Mail in ballots only?

I’m not saying we should delay them. But what are the options here, if people are locked down again?

SR Ballard

Sure they can.  Mail-in ballots only would be a great way to go.  States which delay their elections have no representation in the electoral college, which will go on, rain or shine.

States control their elections, design their own ballots and so forth.  No one is stopping them from delaying their elections.  But they still need to submit delegates to the EC, for the Supreme Court will not wait for them.  They will swear in whoever they believe won that EC vote on 20 January, regardless of what states did what and when.