[ExI] > Taiwan is standing strong

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 21:27:38 UTC 2020

John, like with many other comments here, you seem to be taking your
opinions as facts that are cut deeply into stone.  I don't know what you
mean by "playtime."  IMO, the majority of gun owners take the
responsibility of owning a fire arm very seriously.   The majority of gun
owners are definitely Rs but there is a significant portion of the Ds and
Independents that own them as well.  Most gun owners are also self-reliant
and want to depend on the government to provide protection and personal
safety as little as possible.  Many would be upset if Trump delayed the
election indefinitely, including many of his current supporters who would
stop being supporters at that point.  It's not going to happen, Congress is
the only one with that power, and they are not going to do it.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 5:06 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 4:33 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <
>
> And how many of those playtime civilian well armed infantry soldiers are
> NOT fans of Donald Trump? How many would be upset if Trump delayed the
> election indefinitely, especially if it looked like a Democrat (who every
> good Christian knows must have made a demonic pact with Satan) would
> probably win?
>
> > *I would NEVER wish for a civil war, but*

The but is only there because of how I structured my sentence.  Let me fix
it for you:
I would NEVER wish for a civil war.  I think you're underestimating the
power of asymmetric warfare in that situation...