[ExI] shining example and COVID-19

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 21:24:46 UTC 2020

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

snip

> Fully-recoverable two-stage is a good solution to a very difficult problem.  Keith might have other thoughts, as I vaguely recall he was in on the chatter back in those days.  I was more active on that one than any of the others, and it was mostly before I did much of anything on ExI.

I don't think I was involved in SSTO discussions back then.  In the
last ten years, I have been deeply involved.  I don't care if it is
one stage or two, but the cost to LEO has to go down to $100/kg or
less for power satellites to make economic sense.

snip

Keith do you remember an email group with about 30-40 guys kicking
around SSTO ideas?

No.  It's easy to show that rocket SSTO doesn't make sense.  Skylon is
a different story.

Keith